100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Origins Available: German, Irish
Where did the German Troy family come from? What is the German Troy family crest and coat of arms? When did the Troy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Troy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Troye, Troyye, Troyes, Troys, Troyee, Trooye, Troyyes, Troyye, Troyys, Troy, Troyers and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Troye contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the Troye family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Troy research. Another 156 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Troy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Troy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Troy Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Daniel, Edward, James, Jeremiah, John, Michael, Patrick, and William Troy all arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania between 1770 and 1870
Troy Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Troy, aged 40, arrived in New York in 1812
- Patrick Troy, aged 23, landed in America in 1822
- John Troy, who landed in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Counl Troy, aged 54, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1851
- Reverend Edward Troy settled in Tor Bay in 1855
- Micah LeVar Troy (b. 1977), American rapper and record producer
- Doris Troy (1937-2004), American R&B singer
- Gregg Troy (b. 1950), American college and Olympic swimming coach
- Michael Troy (b. 1940), retired butterfly swimmer from the United States
- John Weir Troy (1868-1942), American Democratic politician, Governor of Alaska Territory 1933 -1939
- Tevi David Troy (b. 1967), the former Deputy Secretary of United States Department of Health and Human Services
- François de Troy (1645-1730), French painter and engraver
- Canon Bertie Troy (1931-2007), Irish Roman Catholic priest and an All- Ireland Hurling Final winning manager with Cork
- John Thomas Troy (1739-1823), Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin
- John Troy (b. 1971), Irish Offaly GAA hurler and all-star
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
The Troy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Troy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 April 2013 at 00:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!