BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Trafford family come from? What is the English Trafford family crest and coat of arms? When did the Trafford family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Trafford family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trafford, Trafforde, Traford and others.
First found in Lancashire where they held a family seat from very ancient times at Trafford, before the Norman Conquest in 1066. Randolphus Trafford lived about the year 1030 and was Lord of the manor of Trafford. His son Randolph died about the year 1080.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trafford research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1495 and 1773 are included under the topic Early Trafford History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Trafford Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trafford Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Charles Trafford settled in America in 1768
- Mason Trafford (b. 1986), American-born, Canadian soccer player
- Rodney Trafford (b. 1978), former American football tight end
- Stanley John Trafford (b. 1945), English former footballer and cricketer
- Sir Thomas Joseph de Trafford (1778-1852), 1st Baronet, DL was a member of a prominent family of English Roman Catholics
- Charles Edmund de Trafford (1864-1951), English aristocrat and noted cricketer
- Dr. Joseph Trafford, Consultant
- Rt. Rev. Ralph Trafford,
- Joseph Anthony Porteous Trafford (1932-1989), Baron Trafford, was a British Conservative Party politician
- Tommy Trafford (1927-1993), British comedian and a noted pantomime dame
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
The Trafford Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Trafford Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 July 2012 at 14:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is