BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Trafford family come from? What is the English Trafford family crest and coat of arms? When did the Trafford family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Trafford family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trafford, Trafforde, Traford and others.
First found in Lancashire where they held a family seat from very ancient times at Trafford, before the Norman Conquest in 1066. Randolphus Trafford lived about the year 1030 and was Lord of the manor of Trafford. His son Randolph died about the year 1080.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trafford research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1495 and 1773 are included under the topic Early Trafford History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Trafford Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trafford Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Charles Trafford settled in America in 1768
- Mason Trafford (b. 1986), American-born, Canadian soccer player
- Rodney Trafford (b. 1978), former American football tight end
- Stanley John Trafford (b. 1945), English former footballer and cricketer
- Sir Thomas Joseph de Trafford (1778-1852), 1st Baronet, DL was a member of a prominent family of English Roman Catholics
- Charles Edmund de Trafford (1864-1951), English aristocrat and noted cricketer
- Dr. Joseph Trafford, Consultant
- Rt. Rev. Ralph Trafford,
- Joseph Anthony Porteous Trafford (1932-1989), Baron Trafford, was a British Conservative Party politician
- Tommy Trafford (1927-1993), British comedian and a noted pantomime dame
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
The Trafford Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Trafford Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 July 2012 at 14:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is