BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Titus family come from? What is the English Titus family crest and coat of arms? When did the Titus family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Titus family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Titus, Tituss and others.
First found in Hertfordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Titus research. Another 213 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1612, 1640, 1623, 1704 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Titus History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 75 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Titus Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Titus Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Robert and Hanna Titus and children, who settled in Boston in 1635
- Edmond Titus, aged 5, arrived in America in 1635
- John Titus, aged 8, landed in New England in 1635
- Robert Titus, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1635
- Tho Titus, who arrived in Virginia in 1654
Titus Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Wendell Titus with wife and four children, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1805
- N Titus, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- A S Titus, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- John Titus (1876-1943), American Major League Baseball player
- Christopher Titus (b. 1966), American comedian and actor
- Alice Costandina "Dina" Titus (b. 1950), American former U.S. Representative for Nevada's 3rd congressional district
- Herbert W. Titus (b. 1937), American attorney, writer, and politician, candidate for Vice-President of the United States (1996)
- Rick Titus, American former race car driver and automotive journalist
- Colonel Silas Titus (1811-1899), American military officer who fought in the American Civil War
- Libby Titus (b. 1947), American singer, songwriter and actress, best known for co-writing "Love Has No Pride"
- Alan Titus (b. 1945), American baritone
- Constance Titus (1872-1967), American bronze medalist for rowing at the 1904 Olympic games
- Rick Titus (b. 1969), retired Trinidadian-born, Canadian footballer
- A History of the Titus and Related Families by Elroy Wilson Titus.
- Saga of Two North American Families: Andrews-Titus by John Alva Titus.
- A Titus Family by Ianthe Hebel.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The Titus Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Titus Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2014 at 09:20.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is