BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Titus family come from? What is the English Titus family crest and coat of arms? When did the Titus family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Titus family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Titus, Tituss and others.
First found in Hertfordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Titus research. Another 213 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1612, 1640, 1623, 1704 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Titus History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 75 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Titus Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Titus Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Robert and Hanna Titus and children, who settled in Boston in 1635
- Edmond Titus, aged 5, arrived in America in 1635
- John Titus, aged 8, landed in New England in 1635
- Robert Titus, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1635
- Tho Titus, who arrived in Virginia in 1654
Titus Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Wendell Titus with wife and four children, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1805
- N Titus, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- A S Titus, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- John Titus (1876-1943), American Major League Baseball player
- Christopher Titus (b. 1966), American comedian and actor
- Alice Costandina "Dina" Titus (b. 1950), American former U.S. Representative for Nevada's 3rd congressional district
- Herbert W. Titus (b. 1937), American attorney, writer, and politician, candidate for Vice-President of the United States (1996)
- Rick Titus, American former race car driver and automotive journalist
- Colonel Silas Titus (1811-1899), American military officer who fought in the American Civil War
- Libby Titus (b. 1947), American singer, songwriter and actress, best known for co-writing "Love Has No Pride"
- Alan Titus (b. 1945), American baritone
- Constance Titus (1872-1967), American bronze medalist for rowing at the 1904 Olympic games
- Rick Titus (b. 1969), retired Trinidadian-born, Canadian footballer
- A History of the Titus and Related Families by Elroy Wilson Titus.
- Saga of Two North American Families: Andrews-Titus by John Alva Titus.
- A Titus Family by Ianthe Hebel.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Titus Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Titus Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2014 at 09:20.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is