BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Thiel family come from? What is the German Thiel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Thiel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Thiel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Thiel, Tiel, Thiele, Tiele, Teel, Teele, Theel, Theele, Thiell, Thielin, Thiellin, Theell, Tiell, Thielle, Tielle, Thielen and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thiel research. Another 95 words(7 lines of text) covering the year 1721 is included under the topic Early Thiel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 34 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Thiel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Thiel Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Adolph Thiel, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710
- Annanias Thiel, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
- Vallentin Thiel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1738
- Johann Christian Thiel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764
- Sebastian Thiel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1764
Thiel Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Philip Thiel, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Christian Thiel, who landed in Texas in 1844
- Wilhelm Thiel, who came to Texas with two children in 1846
- Louise Thiel, who arrived in New York in 1850
- Nicholas Thiel, aged 32, arrived in New York in 1854
- Peter Andreas Thiel (b. 1967), American entrepreneur, hedge fund manager, libertarian and venture capitalist
- Maynard Bert Thiel (b. 1926), American retired professional baseball pitcher, manager and scout
- Phillip Thiel (b. 1984), Phillip Thiel born 1984 is an American rugby union player
- Adolf Thiel (1915-2001), Austrian-born German expert in guided missiles during World War II
- Walter Thiel (1910-1943), German rocket scientist inducted into the International Space Hall of Fame in 1976. The crater Thiel on the Moon is named after him
- Joachim Thiel (b. 1951), former professional German footballer
- Otto Thiel (1891-1915), German amateur footballer
- Edwin Thiel (1913-1944), German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Andreas Thiel (b. 1960), former German handball player
- Walter Thiel (b. 1949), German theoretical chemist
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
The Thiel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Thiel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 March 2014 at 17:04.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is