BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Tellez family come from? What is the Spanish Tellez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tellez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tellez family history?The surname Tellez comes from the personal name Tello derived from the Latin "tellus" meaning "land" or "earth."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tellez, Talles, Tello, Tell, Tel, Telo, Teles and others.
First found in Galicia, in the northwest corner of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tellez research. Another 77 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1337, 1370, 1583 and 1648 are included under the topic Early Tellez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 147 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tellez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisca Tellez immigrated to Spanish America in 1528
- Rodrigo Tellez to the Dominican Republic in 1536
- Juan Tellez settled in Panama in 1539
- Pedro Tellez in Guatemala in 1557
- Juan Tellez on the Spanish Main in 1563
Tellez Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Tellez, who landed in America in 1812
- Francisco Tellez, who landed in America in 1813
- Francisca Tellez, who arrived in America in 1828
- Leonor Tellez, who landed in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1834
- Heman Tellez, who landed in America in 1835
- Óscar Téllez Gómez (b. 1975), former Spanish footballer
- Félix Molina Téllez, Argentine critic and poet
- Luis Tellez, singer of Latin music
- Norberto Téllez (b. 1972), Cuban two-time gold and four-time silver medalist runner in the 1990s
- Luis Manuel Enrique Téllez Kuenzler (b. 1958), Mexican economist, former Secretary of Energy and Secretary of Communications and Transportation
- Dulce María Téllez Palacio (b. 1983), Cuban bronze medalist volleyball player who competed in the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Danny Ernesto Téllez Murillo, Nicaraguan footballer
- Dora María Téllez (b. 1955), Nicaraguan historian, but better known as an icon of the Sandinista Revolution
- Erick José Téllez Fonseca (b. 1989), Nicaraguan professional defender
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
The Tellez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tellez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 June 2014 at 16:58.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is