BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Swedish Svensson family come from? What is the Swedish Svensson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Svensson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Svensson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Svensson Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Gunner Svensson, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Jacob Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1643
- Johan Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1693
- Gunnar Svensson, who arrived in Delaware in 1693
Svensson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Svante Magnus Svensson, who landed in New York in 1836
- Johan Magnus Svensson, who arrived in New York in 1843
- Svante Johan Svensson, aged 19, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Sven Peter Svensson, aged 25, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Magnus Svensson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Svensson Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Gottfried Svensson, who landed in Alabama in 1916
- Lars E. O. Svensson (b. 1947), Swedish economist
- Alf Robert Olaf Svensson (b. 1938), Swedish politician elected to the European Parliament in 2009
- Esbjörn Svensson (1964-2008), Swedish jazz pianist
- Lars Svensson (b. 1941), Swedish ornithologist
- Mr. Johan Svensson (d. 1912), aged 74, Swedish Third Class passenger from Reftele, Småland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mr. Johan Cervin Svensson, aged 14, Swedish Third Class passenger from KnaredKnäred, Halland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 13
- Mr. Olof Svensson (d. 1912), aged 24, Swedish Third Class passenger from BjorkebergaBjörkeberga, Skåne who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Major-General Antero Johannes Svensson (1892-1946), Finnish Commanding Officer, Light Brigade (1944-1946)
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
The Svensson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Svensson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 February 2014 at 10:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is