BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Sturdivant family come from? What is the English Sturdivant family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sturdivant family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sturdivant family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
First found in Nottinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sturdivant research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Sturdivant History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sturdivant Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sturdivant Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Sturdivant, who landed in Virginia in 1665
- William Sturdivant, who landed in Maryland in 1669
- Richard Sturdivant, who arrived in Maryland in 1671
Sturdivant Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Sturdivant settled in Philadelphia in 1832
- Thomas Virgil Sturdivant (1930-2009), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Quan Sturdivant (b. 1988), American football linebacker
- Captain Ephraim Sturdivant (1782-1868), American veteran of the War of 1812
- Trinton Sturdivant (b. 1989), American football offensive tackle
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
The Sturdivant Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sturdivant Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 January 2014 at 20:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is