BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Stoner family come from? What is the English Stoner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stoner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stoner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stonor, Stoner, Stonore and others.
First found in Oxfordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were Lords of the manor of Stonor in the parish of Pushill, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stoner research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1334, and 1492 are included under the topic Early Stoner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stoner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Alex Stoner who settled in Virginia in 1638
- John Stoner settled in Virginia in 1640
- Robert Stoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1658
- Peter Stoner, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Rudolph Stoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- John Stoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Chris and Fredrick Stoner landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1764 and 1795 respectively
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Stoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Alyson Stoner (b. 1993), American actress and dancer
- Eugene Stoner (1922-1997), American weapons designer
- Edmund Clifton Stoner (1899-1968), British theoretical physicist
- Casey Stoner (b. 1985), Australian Grand Prix motorcyclist
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
The Stoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 January 2014 at 18:50.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is