100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Stoner family come from? What is the English Stoner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stoner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stoner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stonor, Stoner, Stonore and others.
First found in Oxfordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were Lords of the manor of Stonor in the parish of Pushill, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stoner research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1334, and 1492 are included under the topic Early Stoner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stoner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Alex Stoner who settled in Virginia in 1638
- John Stoner settled in Virginia in 1640
- Robert Stoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1658
- Peter Stoner, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Rudolph Stoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- John Stoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Chris and Fredrick Stoner landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1764 and 1795 respectively
Stoner Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Stoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Alyson Stoner (b. 1993), American actress and dancer, best known in the role of Max in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
- Eugene Stoner (1922-1997), American weapons designer associated with the AR-15 rifle, adopted by the US military as the M16
- Tobi Neal Stoner (b. 1984), German-born, American former Major League Baseball starting pitcher for the New York Mets (2009-2010)
- Sherri Lynn Stoner (b. 1965), American animation actress and writer, best known for her work on Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs
- Peter Stoner (1888-1980), American Chairman of the Departments of Mathematics and Astronomy at Pasadena City College
- Rob Stoner (b. 1948), born Robert David Rothstein, an American multi-instrumental musician
- Ulysses Simpson Grant "Lil" Stoner (1899-1966), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1922 to 1931
- Edmund Clifton "E.C" Stoner (1899-1968), British theoretical physicist known for his work on the origin and nature of itinerant ferromagnetism
- Casey Stoner AM (b. 1985), Australian Grand Prix motorcyclist, two-time MotoGP World Champion in 2007 and 2011
- Andrew John Stoner (b. 1960), Australian politician, New South Wales Deputy Premier, Minister for Trade and Investment, and Minister for Regional Infrastructure and Services (2011-)
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The Stoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 September 2014 at 08:33.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!