100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Stoltz family come from? What is the German Stoltz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stoltz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stoltz family history?Medieval Silesia is the birthplace of the noble Stoltz family. The Stoltz surname is derived from the German word "stoltz," which means "proud," and as such, it was most likely originally a nickname, which became a hereditary surname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stoltz, Stolz, Stoltze, Stolze, Stolt, Stolte, Stoetzel, Stoltzel, Stolzel, Stolzer and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging province which would later play a role in the national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stoltz research. Another 249 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1526, 1562, 1719, 1771, 1816, 1834, and 1848 are included under the topic Early Stoltz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 66 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stoltz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stoltz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jost Stoltz, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1725
- Henrich Stoltz came to Philadelphia in 1734
Stoltz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Amalie Stoltz, aged 22, who emigrated to America, in 1894
Stoltz Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Andreas Stoltz, aged 30, who landed in America from Granitz, Hungary, in 1909
- Anna Stoltz, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Bakangzaw, Hungary, in 1911
- Edward Stoltz, aged 34, who emigrated to America from Arlan, Austria, in 1912
- Aruned J. Stoltz, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1919
- Bjarne A. Stoltz, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1919
- Eric Hamilton Stoltz (b. 1961), American actor, director and producer
- Kelley Stoltz, American singer, songwriter and musician
- Marty Stoltz, American video game Cinematic Director, Game Designer, Filmmaker, and Photographer
- Rosine Stoltz (1815-1903), French mezzo-soprano
- Gerhard Stoltz (1923-1991), Norwegian economist
- Anne Frida Carolin Stoltz (b. 1981), Swedish actress
- Stig Roland Stoltz (b. 1954), retired Swedish ice hockey player
- Gösta Stoltz (1904-1963), Swedish chess grandmaster
- Robert Stoltz (b. 1976), Swedish football defender
- Conrad Stoltz (b. 1973), South African triathlete
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
The Stoltz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stoltz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 September 2012 at 13:55.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!