100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Starbuck family come from? What is the English Starbuck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Starbuck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Starbuck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Starbuck, Starbock, Stirbrock, Stalbrook, Sturbock, Styrbuck, Stirbuck and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Starbeck near Harrogate. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1379 when Robertus Starbok held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Starbuck research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Starbuck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Starbuck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Edward Starbuck settled in New Hampshire in 1635
- Edward Starbuck, who arrived in New England in 1643
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Ella Starbuck, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1896
- J. F. Starbuck, aged 27, who landed in America from Southampton, in 1897
- Mrs. J. F. Starbuck, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Southampton, in 1897
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Charles Starbuck, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Mrs. W. H. Starbuck, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1905
- W. H. Starbuck, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1905
- C. A. Starbuck, aged 56, who settled in America, in 1908
- Mrs David A Starbuck, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Chez Starbuck (b. 1982), American actor who starred in The Disney Channel's made-for-TV movie The Thirteenth Year
- George Starbuck (1931-1996), American poet of the neo-formalist school
- Alicia "JoJo" Starbuck (b. 1951), American ice skater who, with partner Kenneth Shelley, won the gold medal in pairs at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships three times from 1970 to 1972
- William Haynes Starbuck (b. 1934), American organizational scientist
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Starbuck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Starbuck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 July 2012 at 17:07.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!