100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Starbuck family come from? What is the English Starbuck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Starbuck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Starbuck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Starbuck, Starbock, Stirbrock, Stalbrook, Sturbock, Styrbuck, Stirbuck and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Starbeck near Harrogate. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1379 when Robertus Starbok held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Starbuck research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Starbuck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Starbuck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Edward Starbuck settled in New Hampshire in 1635
- Edward Starbuck, who arrived in New England in 1643
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Ella Starbuck, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1896
- J. F. Starbuck, aged 27, who landed in America from Southampton, in 1897
- Mrs. J. F. Starbuck, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Southampton, in 1897
Starbuck Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Charles Starbuck, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Mrs. W. H. Starbuck, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1905
- W. H. Starbuck, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1905
- C. A. Starbuck, aged 56, who settled in America, in 1908
- Mrs David A Starbuck, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Chez Starbuck (b. 1982), American actor who starred in The Disney Channel's made-for-TV movie The Thirteenth Year
- George Starbuck (1931-1996), American poet of the neo-formalist school
- Alicia "JoJo" Starbuck (b. 1951), American ice skater who, with partner Kenneth Shelley, won the gold medal in pairs at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships three times from 1970 to 1972
- William Haynes Starbuck (b. 1934), American organizational scientist
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Starbuck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Starbuck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 May 2014 at 09:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!