An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the German Stade family come from? What is the German Stade family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stade family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stade family history?The Stade surname derives from the Middle High German word "stadel," meaning "a barn." Thus a "stadeler" was the administrator of a storage barn.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Staedler, Stadler, Staedler, Stadtler, Stadeler, Staedele (Wuerttemberg), Stadel, Stadeln, Stadlen, Stadelmann, Stadtmann, Stadtman, Stadellmann, Stadelman, Stadelmaner, Stadellmaner, Stadelmayer and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. Records show a Manegolt vom Stadel in Styria in 1295; and a Nicolaus Stadler in Iglau in 1378.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stade research. Another 322 words(23 lines of text) covering the years 1560, 1614, 1648, 1753, 1763, 1795, and 1812 are included under the topic Early Stade History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 75 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stade Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
Stade Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
Stade Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
The Stade Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stade Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 November 2011 at 08:18.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.