100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Spiller family come from? What is the English Spiller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Spiller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Spiller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Speller, Spiller, Spiler, Speler and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Spiller research. Another 245 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1591 and 1637 are included under the topic Early Spiller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Spiller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Spiller Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Oliver Spiller settled in Virginia in 1654
- John Spiller settled in Maryland in 1663
- John Spiller, who arrived in Maryland in 1666
Spiller Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Spiller, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
Spiller Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- William Spiller, who landed in America in 1811
- Ann Spiller, aged 22, landed in Massachusetts in 1813
- Samuel Spiller settled in Belfast, Maine in 1822
- Joseph Spiller arrived in New York city in 1823
- Heinrich Spiller, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1845
- Michael Spiller (b. 1961), American Primetime Emmy Award winning television director and cinematographer
- Pablo Spiller Ph.D., American Jeffrey A. Jacobs Distinguished Professor in Business and Technology Chair at the University of California (Berkeley)
- Clifford "C. J." Spiller Jr (b. 1987), American NFL football running back for the Buffalo Bills
- Bill Spiller (1913-1988), American PGA golfer
- Carlton T. Spiller, American poet, and lawyer, winner of the 2006 American Book Award
- Charlie Spiller (b. 1983), American football wide receiver
- Daniel "Danny" Spiller (b. 1981), English professional footballer
- Tim Spiller PhD, Distinguished Scientist in the Quantum Information Processing Group of Hewlett-Packard
- Peter Spiller, New Zealand Law Professor (University of Waikato) and Principal Disputes Referee of the New Zealand Disputes Tribunals
- M. Frederick "Fred" Spiller (1884-1953), British lightweight silver medalist boxer at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
The Spiller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Spiller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 January 2014 at 09:35.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!