BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Speller family come from? What is the English Speller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Speller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Speller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Speller, Spiller, Spiler, Speler and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Speller research. Another 245 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1591 and 1637 are included under the topic Early Speller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Speller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Speller Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- C. Speller landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1754
Speller Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Christoph Speller, who arrived in America in 1834
- L Speller, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1894
Speller Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Louisa Speller, aged 57, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Frank N. Speller, aged 33, who landed in America, in 1908
- Sarah Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1911
- Walter H. Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to America from London, England, in 1911
- Florence I. Speller, aged 31, who emigrated to America from Bristol, England, in 1915
- Frank Newman Speller III, Associate Professor Emeritus of Organ at the University of Texas at Austin
- Frank Newman Speller Sr. (1875-1968), Canadian-born, American metallurgical engineer, eponym of the Frank Newman Speller Award
- Frederick Speller (1864-1940), English professional footballer
- Robert Speller, Book Publisher, New York City
- Robert "Bob" Speller PC (b. 1956), Canadian politician
- Antony "Tony" Speller (b. 1929), British Conservative politician
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Speller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Speller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 August 2012 at 07:22.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is