BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Southard family come from? What is the English Southard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Southard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Southard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Southworth, Southwood, Sowarth, Southwerth and others.
First found in Lancashire, principally in the area of Samlesbury Hall where they held a family seat from very ancient times, as Lords of the manor of Southworth.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Southard research. Another 282 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1592 and 1654 are included under the topic Early Southard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 69 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Southard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Southard family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Southard Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Constant Southard, aged 13, arrived in Massachusetts in 1628
- Joseph Southard, who landed in Massachusetts in 1683
Southard Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- O P Southard, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- C. J. Southard, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1894
- George H. Southard, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
- Harry E. Southard, aged 5, who landed in America, in 1896
- Clementina Southard, aged 33, who settled in America, in 1896
Southard Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Geo. F. Southard, aged 56, who landed in America, in 1904
- Frank Southard, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1905
- Edith Brett Southard, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Chas. E. Southard, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Blanche Southard, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1909
- Henry Southard (1747-1842), United States Representative from the state of New Jersey
- Samuel Lewis Southard (1787-1842), prominent American statesman
- Isaac Southard (b. 1783), Anti-Jacksonian member of the United States House of Representatives from 1831 to 1833
- Lucien Southard (1827-1881), American conductor
- James Harding Southard (1851-1919), U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Milton Isaiah Southard (1836-1905), U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
The Southard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Southard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 April 2014 at 02:26.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is