BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Simpkins family come from? What is the English Simpkins family crest and coat of arms? When did the Simpkins family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Simpkins family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simkins, Simpkins, Simkin, Simpkin, Sinkin, Sinkins, Sinkings, Simkiss, Simpkiss, Semken, Sempken, Semkin, Sempkin, Semkins, Sempkins, Symkins, Symekyn, Symkyn, Sympkynn, Simekin, Simkinson, Simpkinson and many more.
First found in county Suffolk, where the family was established in early days, distinguishing itself from its parent branches, Simon and Sim.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simpkins research. Another 284 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1199, 1378, 1466, 1524, 1667, 1790, 1805, and 1845 are included under the topic Early Simpkins History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 24 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Simpkins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Simpkins family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 112 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simpkins Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, who arrived in St. Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniel Simpkins, aged 26, landed in St Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, arrived in St Christopher in 1635
- Ralph Simpkins, who landed in Virginia in 1636
- Edward Simpkins, who arrived in Virginia in 1637
Simpkins Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Simpkins, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Andy Simpkins (1932-1999), American jazz musician
- Charles Simpkins (b. 1963), American Olympic athlete
- Dickey Simpkins (b. 1972), American professional basketball player
- John Simpkins (1862-1898), American politician from Massachusetts; U.S. Representative 1895–1898
- Ron Simpkins (b. 1958), American professional football player
- Michael Simpkins (b. 1978), English professional footballer
- Chris Simpkins, Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands 2003–2007
- James "Jim" Simpkins (d. 2004), Canadian cartoonist and artist
- Luke Simpkins (b. 1964), Australian politician from Western Australia
- Paul Simpkins (b. 1958), Australian professional rugby league referee
- The Ancestors of Simpkins & Snowden by Lorna K. Simpkins.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
The Simpkins Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Simpkins Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 November 2012 at 08:11.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is