100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Simpkins family come from? What is the English Simpkins family crest and coat of arms? When did the Simpkins family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Simpkins family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simkins, Simpkins, Simkin, Simpkin, Sinkin, Sinkins, Sinkings, Simkiss, Simpkiss, Semken, Sempken, Semkin, Sempkin, Semkins, Sempkins, Symkins, Symekyn, Symkyn, Sympkynn, Simekin, Simkinson, Simpkinson and many more.
First found in county Suffolk, where the family was established in early days, distinguishing itself from its parent branches, Simon and Sim.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simpkins research. Another 284 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1199, 1378, 1466, 1524, 1667, 1790, 1805, and 1845 are included under the topic Early Simpkins History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 24 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Simpkins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Simpkins family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 112 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simpkins Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, who arrived in St. Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniel Simpkins, aged 26, landed in St Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, arrived in St Christopher in 1635
- Ralph Simpkins, who landed in Virginia in 1636
- Edward Simpkins, who arrived in Virginia in 1637
Simpkins Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Simpkins, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Andy Simpkins (1932-1999), American jazz musician
- Charles Simpkins (b. 1963), American Olympic athlete
- Dickey Simpkins (b. 1972), American professional basketball player
- John Simpkins (1862-1898), American politician from Massachusetts; U.S. Representative 1895–1898
- Ron Simpkins (b. 1958), American professional football player
- Michael Simpkins (b. 1978), English professional footballer
- Chris Simpkins, Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands 2003–2007
- James "Jim" Simpkins (d. 2004), Canadian cartoonist and artist
- Luke Simpkins (b. 1964), Australian politician from Western Australia
- Paul Simpkins (b. 1958), Australian professional rugby league referee
- The Ancestors of Simpkins & Snowden by Lorna K. Simpkins.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
The Simpkins Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Simpkins Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 November 2012 at 08:11.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!