BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Shultz family come from? What is the German Shultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Shultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Shultz family history?The name Shultz comes from one of those ancient dukedoms, territories and states that would eventually form a part of present day Germany. At its birth in the Middle Ages, it was used to indicate someone who worked as a town-mayor derived from the medieval name "Schultheis" which has the same meaning.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schultz, Schultheis, Schultes, Schultz, Schultze, Schulz, Scholz and many more.
First found in Switzerland, where branches of this estimable family were elevated to the ranks of the nobility and came to possess great political influence. The name stems from the medaieval name "Schultheis" which meant "town-mayor."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shultz research. Another 539 words(38 lines of text) covering the years 1224, 1680, 1661, 1693, 1719, 1615, 1683, 1747, 1800, 1770, 1849, 1808 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Shultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 123 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Shultz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Christian Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Ch Otto Shultz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Christian Otta Shultz, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Martin Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743
- J Henry Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
Shultz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Nathaniel Shultz, who landed in New York in 1802
- Rudolph W Shultz, who landed in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1843
- John Shultz, who landed in Maryland in 1845
- Mr. Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- G Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- George Pratt Shultz (b. 1920), American politician and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Emanuel Shultz (1819-1912), American shoemaker, merchant, manufacturer, banker and a member of the United States House of Representatives from Ohio
- Arnold Shultz (1886-1931), influential African-American fiddler and guitarist
- Henry Shultz, eccentric entrepreneur in the antebellum American South
- Clark Shultz, Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives
- Mikhail Mikhaylovich Shultz (1919-2006), Soviet/Russian physical chemist and artist
- Matthias Shultz and his Descendants by Carlyle W. Bennett.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Shultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Shultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 February 2014 at 01:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is