100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Shultz family come from? What is the German Shultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Shultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Shultz family history?The name Shultz comes from one of those ancient dukedoms, territories and states that would eventually form a part of present day Germany. At its birth in the Middle Ages, it was used to indicate someone who worked as a town-mayor derived from the medieval name "Schultheis" which has the same meaning.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schultz, Schultheis, Schultes, Schultz, Schultze, Schulz, Scholz and many more.
First found in Switzerland, where branches of this estimable family were elevated to the ranks of the nobility and came to possess great political influence. The name stems from the medaieval name "Schultheis" which meant "town-mayor."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shultz research. Another 539 words(38 lines of text) covering the years 1224, 1680, 1661, 1693, 1719, 1615, 1683, 1747, 1800, 1770, 1849, 1808 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Shultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 123 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Shultz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Christian Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Ch Otto Shultz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Christian Otta Shultz, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1734
- Martin Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743
- J Henry Shultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
Shultz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Nathaniel Shultz, who landed in New York in 1802
- Rudolph W Shultz, who landed in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1843
- John Shultz, who landed in Maryland in 1845
- Mr. Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- G Shultz, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- George Pratt Shultz (b. 1920), American politician and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Emanuel Shultz (1819-1912), American shoemaker, merchant, manufacturer, banker and a member of the United States House of Representatives from Ohio
- Arnold Shultz (1886-1931), influential African-American fiddler and guitarist
- Henry Shultz, eccentric entrepreneur in the antebellum American South
- Clark Shultz, Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives
- Mikhail Mikhaylovich Shultz (1919-2006), Soviet/Russian physical chemist and artist
- Matthias Shultz and his Descendants by Carlyle W. Bennett.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
The Shultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Shultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 February 2014 at 01:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!