BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, Swedish
Where did the English Severson family come from? What is the English Severson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Severson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Severson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Serbington, Servington, Serbinton, Servinton, Sevington, Sebbington, Sebington, Savington, Savinton, Cerfington and many more.
First found in Devon where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 12th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Severson research. Another 277 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1080, 1091, 1399, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Severson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Severson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Severson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Severson, aged 64, who emigrated to America, in 1895
- H. M. Severson, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1895
- Henry Severson, aged 48, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Severson Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- May Severson, aged 33, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Harry A Severson, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1910
- Lawrence Severson, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1912
- Edla Severson, aged 2, who landed in America, in 1914
- George Severson, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States, in 1914
- Daniel Mark "Dan" Severson (b. 1954), American politician
- Jeffrey Kent Severson (b. 1949), American former NFL football safety
- Richard Allen Severson (b. 1945), American former Major League Baseball shortstop
- Kim Marie Severson (b. 1961), American writer for the New York Times
- Paul Severson (1929-2007), American music arranger and composer, recipient of 15 Clio Awards, best known for his Doublemint gum jingle
- Cam Severson (b. 1978), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey centre
- Richard Severson, Brigadier General in the United States Air Force
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
The Severson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Severson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 April 2012 at 14:09.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is