BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Schrader family come from? What is the German Schrader family crest and coat of arms? When did the Schrader family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Schrader family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schrader, Schrade, Schraeder, Schraedere, Schraed and others.
First found in the northern land of Braunschweig (Brunswick,) where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become the backbone of modern Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its particular involvement in military and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schrader research. Another 205 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1708, 1709, 1736, 1809, and 1826 are included under the topic Early Schrader History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schrader Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schrader Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Christian Schrader, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754
- Joh Christian Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Christian Schrader, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1767
- Philipp Christian Schrader arrived in Philadelphia in 1767
- Julius Schrader and Jacob Schrader both came to America in 1776
Schrader Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Conrd Hem Schrader, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Amelie Von Schrader, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- E B Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1835
- Frederick Schrader, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
- David Schrader, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841
- Barry Schrader (b. 1945), American composer
- Carol Schrader (b. 1951), American TV presenter
- David Schrader (b. 1952), American harpsichordist, organist, and fortepianist
- Gus Schrader (1895-1941), American racecar driver
- Helena Schrader (b. 1953), American historian and novelist
- Jim Schrader (1932-1972), American football player
- Ken Schrader (b. 1955), American racecar driver
- Kurt Schrader (b. 1951), American politician
- Leonard Schrader (1943-2006), Academy Award-nominated American screenwriter and director
- Clement Schrader (1820-1875), German Jesuit theologian
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
The Schrader Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Schrader Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2013 at 14:49.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is