BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Saucedo family come from? What is the Spanish Saucedo family crest and coat of arms? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saucedo family history?The original bearer of the name Saucedo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Saucedo family originally lived near willow trees. The distinguished name Saucedo is derived from the Latin word "salix," which means "willow tree."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Salcedo, de Salcedo, Salceda, Salcido, Salcida, Salsedo, Salseda, Saucedo, de Saucedo, Sauceda, Sausedo, Sauseda, Salce, Salces, de Salces and many more.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saucedo research. Another 634 words(45 lines of text) covering the year 1255 is included under the topic Early Saucedo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saucedo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Hernando de Saucedo also sailed to America in 1512
- Matías de Saucedo sailed to New Granada in 1579
Saucedo Settlers in the 19th Century
- Juan De Saucedo, who landed in America in 1827
- Matias De Saucedo, who landed in New Granada in 1879
Saucedo Settlers in the 20th Century
- Lorenzo Saucedo, aged 24, who settled in America from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1911
- Lorenzo Saucedo, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1913
- Ulises Saucedo, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from South America, in 1919
- Francisco Saucedo, aged 42, who landed in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1923
- Mauricio Saucedo Guardia (b. 1985), Bolivian football midfielder
- Roberto Nicolás Saucedo (b. 1982), Argentine footballer
- Danny Saucedo (b. 1986), Swedish singer and songwriter
- Rick Saucedo (b. 1955), American musician, songwriter, and actor
- Michael Saucedo (b. 1970), American actor
- Ulises Saucedo (1896-1963), Bolivian football coach and referee
- Guillermo Saucedo (1940-1968), Argentine fencer at the 1968 and 1972 Summer Olympics
- Gonzalo Saucedo (b. 1985), Argentine football midfielder
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
The Saucedo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saucedo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 April 2014 at 00:59.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is