BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Polish Ruzicka family come from? What is the Polish Ruzicka family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ruzicka family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ruzicka family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruzicki, Ruzecki, Rusicki, Ruzicka, Ruzacki and others.
First found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. One of the principle names of the area was the royal Clan of Poraj, of which the family name Ruzycki is a branch. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruzicka research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1228 and 1450 are included under the topic Early Ruzicka History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ruzicka Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruzicka Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
Ruzicka Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
The Ruzicka Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ruzicka Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 January 2014 at 18:46.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.