BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Ruprecht family come from? What is the German Ruprecht family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ruprecht family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ruprecht family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruppert, Rupprecht, Ruppert, Ruperecht, Ruprecht and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruprecht research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1601, 1790, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Ruprecht History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ruprecht Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruprecht Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Andr Ruprecht, who landed in Texas in 1845
- Henry W Ruprecht, who arrived in Maryland in 1848
- David Martin Ruprecht (b. 1948), American actor and writer
- Steven Ruprecht (b. 1987), German footballer
- Franz Josef Ruprecht (1814-1870), Austrian-born physician and botanist active in the Russian Empire, the genus Ruprechtia is named after him
- Tony Ruprecht (b. 1942), Canadian former municipal politician, alderman in the Toronto City Council, Member of Provincial Parliament (1999-2011)
- William F. Ruprecht (b. 1956), American president and CEO of Sotheby's
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Ruprecht Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ruprecht Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 March 2013 at 08:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is