BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Ruppert family come from? What is the German Ruppert family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ruppert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ruppert family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruppert, Rupprecht, Ruppert, Ruperecht, Ruprecht and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruppert research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1601, 1790, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Ruppert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ruppert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruppert Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Adam Ruppert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Henry Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- George Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who came to Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
Ruppert Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Gottlieb Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Kath Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Nicholas Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- John M Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- Frank Ruppert, who landed in Iowa in 1886
- Jacob Ruppert (1867-1939), American National Guard colonel, Congressman, brewery owner and owner of the New York Yankees
- Michael C. Ruppert (1951-2014), American author a former Los Angeles Police Department officer and investigative journalist
- Ralph Ruppert (b. 1959), German Record Producer
- Christa Ruppert (1935-2010), German, later also Portuguese violinist
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
The Ruppert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ruppert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 April 2014 at 10:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is