BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Runyon family come from? What is the English Runyon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Runyon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Runyon family history?The Runyon surname is an Anglicization of the French name Rongnon.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Runyon, Runyan, Runyun, Runion, Rongnion, Runnion and others.
First found in on the island of Jersey, where an exile from Poitiers, France, made a brief stop on his way to America. It is unclear whether other Huguenots of this name settled in parts of England.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runyon research. Another 49 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 42 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runyon Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Vincent Runyon, who arrived in New Jersey in 1665
Runyon Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- W. Runyon, who came to San Francisco in 1852
Runyon Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- E. Runyon, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Chas. Runyon, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Elsie Waite Runyon, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1910
- Frank Runyon, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- David Runyon, aged 54, who landed in America, in 1911
- Charles West Runyon (1928-1987), American author
- Marvin Travis Runyon (1924-2004), American business executive for Ford Motor Car and Nissan Motors
- Jennifer Runyon (b. 1960), American actress
- Alfred Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American author and journalist
- Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American newspaperman and writer
- Robert Runyon (1881-1968), Texan photographer, and mayor of Brownsville from 1941-43, whose work documents much of the early history of Texas and the Mexican revolution
- The Ancestors, and their Children of Enoch R. Runyan (1824-1908) of New Jersey and Illinois and his Known Descendants by Melba Marion Runyon Aaron.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
The Runyon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Runyon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 July 2014 at 00:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is