BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Rochon family come from? What is the French Rochon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rochon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rochon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rochon, Le Rochon, Du Rochon, Lerochon, Durochon and others.
First found in Limousin where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of the seigneurie of Lapeyrouse.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rochon research. Another 151 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1730, 1771, 1789, 1800, and 1817 are included under the topic Early Rochon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rochon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rochon Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Catherine, Henri, and Pierre Rochon settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1753
- Henri Rochon, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Pierre Rochon, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Etienne Rochon settled in Louisiana in 1756
- Augustin Rochon, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1764
Rochon Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- George Rochon, who landed in Texas in 1854
- Oliver Rochon settled in Philadelphia in 1868
- Lela Rochon (b. 1964), Haitian-American actress
- Rear Admiral Stephen W. Rochon, the former American Director of the Executive Residence and White House Chief Usher
- Charles Rochon (1673-1733), French colonist and was one of the four founders of modern-day Mobile, Alabama
- Jean-Marie Rochon (1774-1837), French master carpenter and political figure in Lower Canada
- Alexis-Marie de Rochon (1741-1817), French astronomer, physicist and traveller
- Debbie Rochon (b. 1968), Canadian horror film actress
- Dr. Paul Rochon, Canadian professor at the Department of Physics, Royal Military College of Canada
- Henri Rochon (1912-2005), Canadian National tennis champion and Canadian Davis Cup tennis player
- Jean Rochon (b. 1938), former Canadian politician and Member of National Assembly of Quebec
- Alfred Rochon (1847-1909), Canadian lawyer, judge and political figure in Quebec
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Rochon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rochon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 March 2013 at 19:25.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is