BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Rochette family come from? What is the French Rochette family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rochette family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rochette family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rochette, Rochete, Rocchette, Rochès, Rauchete, Rocette, Rocet, Rosette and many more.
First found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has held a family seat since very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rochette research. Another 711 words(51 lines of text) covering the years 1618 and 1713 are included under the topic Early Rochette History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 49 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rochette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rochette Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- A. Rochette settled in Texas in 1847
Rochette Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Dr. Edward Rochette, aged 25, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Augustine Rochette, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Beseair, France, in 1908
- Estella Rochette, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1909
- Henri Rochette, aged 32, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1910
- Edward Rochette, who landed in America, in 1910
- Edward C. Rochette (1927-1987), American numismatist, recipient of the Farran Zerbe Memorial Award in 1987 for Distinguished Service
- Desiré-Raoul Rochette (1790-1854), French archaeologist
- Jean-Marc Rochette (b. 1956), French painter, illustrator and comics creator
- Joannie Rochette (b. 1986), Canadian three-time silver and bronze medalist figure skater
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Rochette Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rochette Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 March 2013 at 07:58.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is