BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: French, Spanish
Where did the French Rivas family come from? What is the French Rivas family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rivas family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rivas family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rivals, Rival, Rivalls, Rivale, Rivales, Rivals de, Rhivals, Rivell, Rivas, Rivalles, Rivalle, Rivel, Rivalls de, Rhival, Rhivalls, Rhivale, Rhivales, Rhivals, Rhivalle and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has held a family seat since very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rivas research. Another 943 words(67 lines of text) covering the years 1164, 1500, 1521, 1573, and 1668 are included under the topic Early Rivas History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rivas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco de Rivas, who sailed to America in 1513
- Catalina de Rivas sailed to Cartagena in 1585 with her daughter
Rivas Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Ramon Rivas, who sailed to Puerto Rico in 1804
- Ramon Rivas, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1804
- Francisco De Rivas, who arrived in America in 1813
- Pedro Rivas, aged 25, landed in New Orleans, La in 1820
- Pablo Rivas Pujol sailed to Puerto Rico in 1825
- David Rivas, American consultant and business executive
- Edgar J Rivas, American physician
- Joaquín Méndez Rivas, Mexican poet
- Mercedes Rivas, educator and supervisor
- Milagros Rivas, mental health and substance abuse director
- Raimundo Rivas, Colombian politician, diplomat and historian
- Diego Rivas Gutiérrez (b. 1980), Spanish footballer
- David Rivas Rodríguez (b. 1978), Spanish footballer
- Willy Rivas (b. 1985), Peruvian professional footballer
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Rivas Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rivas Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 September 2013 at 20:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is