100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, Irish
Where did the Irish Ring family come from? What is the Irish Ring family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ring family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ring family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: McRinn, Rinn, Ring, McCrann, McCran, Cran, Crann, Rynne and many more.
First found in Leitrim, where they held a family seat as a descendant of Billrian, a chief of the Heber line of Kings, descended from Daire Cearb, brother of Lughaidh, a King of Munster. Irish history, after the Norman Conquest of England, was strongly influenced by the invasion of Strongbow in 1172, almost equal to the enormous Irish cultural impact on England Scotland, Wales and the whole of Europe before the Norman Conquest from the 1st to 7th centuries. Many Irish clanns, sept names were intermixed and family groupings became almost indistinguishable.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ring research. Another 212 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ring History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ring Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ring Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Andrew Ring, who settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1629
- William Ring, who arrived in Salem, Massachusetts in 1632
- Robert Ring, who landed in New England in 1640
- Robert Ring, who arrived in Boston in 1640
- John Ring, who landed in Massachusetts in 1654
Ring Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Ring, a merchant of York County, Virginia whose tomb shows him to have died in 1702
- Mary Ring, who landed in Virginia in 1703
- Agnesia Ring, who arrived in Georgia sometime between 1733 and 1783
- Tobias Ring, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1741
- Henry Christophel Ring, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
Ring Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Ring, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- James Ring, on record in New York in 1818
- Patrick Ring, who landed in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Dennis Ring, who landed in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1843
- Cornelius Ring, aged 36, arrived in Missouri in 1848
- Jonathan Ring, American classical musician, faculty member of the San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Roger Royce Ring (b. 1980), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Brad Ring (b. 1987), American soccer player
- Doug Ring (1919-2003), Australian cricketer
- Thomas "Tommy" Ring (1930-1997), Scottish footballer
- Mark Gerarde Ring (b. 1962), Welsh former rugby union player
- Alexander Ring (b. 1991), Finnish footballer
- Ancestors, Descendants and Other Relatives of Joseph Henry Ring and Sarah Ann Combs by Elma A. Ring.
- Nathaniel Ring by Donald Levi McClure.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Tepper, Michael Ed & Elizabeth P. Bentley Transcriber. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Philadelphia 1800-1819. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1986. Print.
- Donovan, George Francis. The Pre-Revolutionary Irish in Massachusetts 1620-1775. Menasha, WI: Geroge Banta Publsihing Co., 1932. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Fitzgerald, Thomas W. Ireland and Her People A Library of Irish Biography 5 Volumes. Chicago: Fitzgerald. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of Ireland. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1969. Print.
The Ring Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ring Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 June 2013 at 08:20.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!