100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Scottish Reddy family come from? What is the Scottish Reddy family crest and coat of arms? When did the Reddy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Reddy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reddy, Reddie, Readdie, Reedie, Reidie and others.
First found in Angus (Gaelic: Aonghas), part of the Tayside region of northeastern Scotland, and present day Council Area of Angus, formerly known as Forfar or Forfarshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reddy research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the year 1681 is included under the topic Early Reddy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Reddy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Reddy family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 232 words(17 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reddy Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Elida Reddy, who landed in Virginia in 1702
- Alexander Reddy, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Reddy Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Reddy, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1812
- Timothy Reddy, aged 34, arrived in New York in 1812
- James Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1817
- John Reddy settled in Boston in 1823
- Owen Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1824
- Rob Reddy, American singer
- Helen Reddy (b. 1941), Australian-born American singer and actress
- K.C. Reddy (1902-1976), the first Chief Minister of the old Mysore state (Karnataka) in India
- Kadiri Venkata Reddy (1912-1972), Director, Writer, Producer and Production Manager of Telugu films in Andhra Pradesh, India
- Liam Reddy (b. 1981), Australian footballer
- Joel Reddy (b. 1985), Australian professional rugby league footballer
- Michael Reddy (b. 1980), former Irish professional footballer
- Rod "Rocket" Reddy (b. 1954), Australian former rugby league footballer and coach
- Ramana Reddy (1921-1974), Indian actor and comedian
- Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (1913-1996), the sixth President of India
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Scots Kith and Kin And Illustrated Map Revised 2nd Edition. Edinburgh: Clan House/Albyn. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Dorward, David. Scottish Surnames. Glasgow: Harper Collins, 1995. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry Including American Families with British Ancestry 2 Volumes. London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
The Reddy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Reddy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 March 2012 at 09:04.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!