An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Pixstone family come from? What is the English Pixstone family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pixstone family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pixstone family history?The origins of the Pixstone surname are uncertain, but may come from an Old English personal name "Picstan," derived from the Old English terms "pi-c," meaning "point," and "stan," meaning "stone."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pickston, Pikstan, Pixton, Pickstone, Pixtone, Pykston, Peckstone, Pexton, Pixstan and many more.
First found in Norfolk where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1209 where Richard Pixton held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pixstone research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1275, 1296, 1455, and 1487 are included under the topic Early Pixstone History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pixstone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John Pickstock, who settled in America in 1757; Robert Pixton, who settled in Utah in 1848; Charlotte Pixton, age 8, who came to Utah in 1848; William James Pickston, who came to Philadelphia in 1863.
The Pixstone Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pixstone Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 16:10.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.