BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Paquin family come from? What is the French Paquin family crest and coat of arms? When did the Paquin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Paquin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pasquier, Paquier, Paquin, Paquignon, Paquinet, Pâquin, Pasquin, Dupaquier, Dupasquier, Paquereau, Pasquereau, Paquerault and many more.
First found in Brittany, where this distinguished family held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paquin research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1248, 1403, 1529, 1615, 1668, 1669, 1767, and 1862 are included under the topic Early Paquin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 127 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Paquin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: M. Paquinet, who arrived in Canada before the 20th century; François Pasquier, who, at 23 years old, arrived in Quebec also before the 20th century; André Pasquier, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719.
- Ethan Paquin, American poet
- Leo Paquin (1910-1993), American football player
- Jeanne Paquin (1869-1936), French fashion designer
- Anna Helene Paquin (b. 1982), Golden Globe award winning Canadian actress
- Anna Helene Paquin (b. 1982), Canadian-born New Zealand actress
- Patricia Paquin (b. 1968), Canadian television personality from Quebec
- Laurent Paquin (b. 1971), Canadian comedian and radio personality from Quebec
- Maurice Paquin, Franco-Canadian comedian and singer
- Marie-Thérèse Paquin (1905-1997), Canadian concert pianist and piano professor
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Paquin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Paquin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 September 2013 at 10:31.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is