BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Italian Paparo family come from? What is the Italian Paparo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Paparo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Paparo family history?The Paparo surname is thought to have evolved from a nickname, from the Sicilian word "paparu," meaning "a young gander."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paparo, Paparoni, Papparo, Papparoni and others.
First found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. Giovanni Paparoni (d. circa 1158) was made an Italian Cardinal by Pope Celestine II in 1133/4, and was a prominent papal legate in the Church's dealings with Ireland and Scotland at that time.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paparo research. Another 321 words(23 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Paparo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Paparo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Paparo Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
The Paparo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Paparo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.