BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Palomo family come from? What is the Spanish Palomo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Palomo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Palomo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paloma, Palloma, Palama, Palomares, Palomar, Palomer, Palomaro, Pallomar and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain where they held a family seat.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palomo research. Another 87 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1271 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Palomo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Palomo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Garcia Palomo who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1535
- Antonio Palomo who immigrated to Colombia in 1559
Palomo Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Perico Palomo, who landed in America in 1813
- Gonzalo Palomo, who landed in America in 1817
- Garcia Palomo, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Francisco Palomo, who landed in New Spain in 1836
- Ramon Palomo who was naturalized in Mobile, Alabama in 1849
- Eduardo Palomo (1962-2003), American actor
- Victor Palomo, Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle racing driver
- Ana Belén Palomo (b. 1977), Spanish Olympic freestyle swimmer
- Víctor Mena Palomo, Governor of Yucatán (1953 - 1958)
- Bo Palomo, Filipino television director
- Gene Palomo, Filipino television director
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Palomo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Palomo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:35.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is