BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Palacios family come from? What is the Spanish Palacios family crest and coat of arms? When did the Palacios family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Palacios family history?Many surnames were derived from notable geographic features in the vicinity of where the individuals lived. Palacios is derived from the Spanish word "palaciao," meaning a "palace," and as a surname, was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near a palace or mansion, or perhaps by someone who worked there.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Palacio, Palacios and others.
First found in Vizcaya, the ancient Basque country.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palacios research. Another 314 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1541, 1650, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Palacios History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Palacios Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Palacios Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Palacios, who arrived in America in 1811
- Jose Felix Phica Palacios, aged 34, landed in New Orleans, La in 1820
- Alonso De Palacios, who landed in America in 1828
- R Palacios, aged 39, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Diego De Palacios, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834
- Robert Rey Palacios (b. 1962), former American Major League Baseball catcher
- Miguel Asín Palacios (1871-1944), Spanish scholar (an Arabist ), and a Roman Catholic priest
- Lucía Palacios (b. 1972), Spanish film director, producer and owner of a film and music label
- Odón Betanzos Palacios (1925-2007), Spanish writer
- Wilson Roberto Palacios (b. 1984), Honduran footballer
- Roberto Carlos Palacios (b. 1972), Peruvian football mid-fielder
- Jerry Palacios (b. 1981), Honduran football striker
- Milton Palacios (b. 1980), Honduran football defender
- Vicente Palacios (b. 1963), former Mexican professional baseball player
- Raúl Alejandro Palacios (b. 1976), Chilean footballer
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
The Palacios Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Palacios Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2014 at 09:38.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is