100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Pacheco family come from? What is the Spanish Pacheco family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pacheco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pacheco family history?The prestigious surname Pacheco originated in Spain, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years. The name Pacheco became a hereditary surname in Spain after it was brought from Portugal. This ancient surname dates back to Roman times and in 92 BC, a Roman general named Vivio Pacieco, who descended from Lucio Viminio Pacieco, served Julius Caesar in Andalucía. One of Vivio's descendants, Don Diego López Pacheco, who was also known as "el Grande" and was Ricohombre of Portugal, was the first bearer of this name in Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pacheco, Pachico, Pachón, Pachon and others.
First found in Castile, prominent among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pacheco research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1380, 1532, 1574, 1563, 1615, 1607, 1610, 1599, 1653, 1640, 1642, 1564, 1644, 1606, 1663, 1649 and 1718 are included under the topic Early Pacheco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 213 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pacheco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Pedro Pacheco, who arrived in America in 1510
- Leonor Pacheco, who arrived in New Spain in 1534
- Alonso Pacheco, who voyaged to America in 1534 with the governor of Venezuela, Jorge Spira
- Melchor Pacheco, who arrived in New Spain in 1538
Pacheco Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Jacob Pacheco, who arrived in America in 1679
- Rebecah Pacheco, who landed in America in 1679
- Rebeca Pacheco, who arrived in Barbados in 1680
- Jacob Pacheco, who arrived in Barbados in 1680
Pacheco Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Pacheco, who arrived in America in 1816
- Franco Pacheco, aged 37, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Anto Pacheco, aged 30, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Cristobal Pacheco, who landed in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Juan Pacheco, who arrived in Rio de Is Plata in 1835
- Rafael Pacheco (b. 1954), Spanish astronomer
- Jesús López Pacheco (1930-1997), Spanish-Canadian novelist, translator, poet and professor of Spanish
- José Emilio Pacheco (1939-2014), Mexican poet, novelist and literary critic
- Francisco Pacheco (b. 1955), Venezuelan folk singer and drummer
- Abel Pacheco (b. 1933), Costa Rica president from 2002 to 2006
- Alex Pacheco (b. 1973), Venezuelan baseball player
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Pacheco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pacheco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 February 2014 at 21:22.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!