BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Scottish Ousbie family come from? What is the Scottish Ousbie family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ousbie family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ousbie family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hose, Hosa, Huse, Ose, Use, Ouse, Huseby, Husebie, Husaby, Husabie, Ousby, Ousbie, Ousaby and many more.
First found in Leicestershire, where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Hose. William of Hose, formerly William de Nueris, held the Church, lands and tithe of Hose from Robert de Tosny, a descendant of Robert, Duke of Normandy. The family was originally of Noyers, Eure, in the district of Les Andelys, Normandy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ousbie research. Another 430 words(31 lines of text) covering the years 1150, 1154, 1177, 1189, 1254, 1275, 1306, 1327, and 1635 are included under the topic Early Ousbie History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ousbie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Ousbie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 58 words(4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Abel Huse, who settled in Newbury, Massachusetts in 1639; John Huse, who arrived in Virginia in 1648; Thomas Hosey, who settled in Barbados in 1667; William Hosea, who settled in North Carolina in 1701.
The Ousbie Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ousbie Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 16:09.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.