100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Olvera family come from? What is the Spanish Olvera family crest and coat of arms? When did the Olvera family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Olvera family history?The distinguished surname Olvera, like many Spanish family names, is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Oliva, de Oliva, Olivas, Olivo, Olivos, Oliver, de Oliver, Olivé, Olive, Olivera, Oliveras, Olivero, Oliveros, de Oliveros, Olivérez, Oliverez, Olives, Olivar, Olivares and many more.
First found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain. Today, Olivares is a city in the province of Seville having a population of 8,729 inhabitants as of 2005.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olvera research. Another 397 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469 and 1235 are included under the topic Early Olvera History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 51 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olvera Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Olvera Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Joaquin Olvera, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico, Mexico, in 1909
- Mansula Olvera, aged 33, who landed in America from Cadis, Spain, in 1912
- Guadalupe Olvera, aged 18, who settled in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1913
- Santos Olvera, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico, Mexico, in 1915
- Benito Olvera, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States, in 1917
- José Fernando Emilio "Fher" Olvera (b. 1959), Mexican guitarist, composer, and lead singer
- Agustin Olvera (d. 1876), Mexican judge and administrator in 19th-century Mexican California, eponym of Olvera Street, Los Angeles
- José Antonio Olvera (b. 1986), Mexican football player
- Miguel Olvera (b. 1939), Ecuadorian tennis player
- Los Olveras: Journey to America by Carlos N. Olvera.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Olvera Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Olvera Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 November 2013 at 08:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!