BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German, Norwegian, Swedish
Where did the Norwegian Olsen family come from? What is the Norwegian Olsen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Olsen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Olsen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Olsen Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Hendrick Olsen, aged 29, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1792
Olsen Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Julius Olsen, aged 21, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1831
- Osmund Olsen, aged 19, arrived in New York, NY in 1836
- A. Olsen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1840
- Anders Olsen, aged 2, landed in New York, NY in 1840
- Olaus Olsen, aged 18, arrived in New York, NY in 1840
Olsen Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Alek Olsen, who arrived in Mississippi in 1900
- Tobias Olsen, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1903
- Adolf Olsen, who arrived in New York in 1909
- Hans Jakob Gunnerus Olsen, who landed in Alabama in 1917
- Carl Martin Olsen, who arrived in Alabama in 1921
- Eric Christian Olsen (b. 1977), American actor
- Scott Matthew Olsen (b. 1984), Major League Baseball pitcher for the Florida Marlins
- Tillie Lerner Olsen (1912-2007), award winning American writer associated with the political turmoil of the 1930s
- Jon C. B. Olsen (b. 1969), American swimmer who won a total of five Olympic medals, including four gold at the 1992 and the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Kenneth Harry Olsen (1926-2011), American co-founder of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in 1957
- Mr. Henry Margido Olsen (d. 1912), aged 28, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Bergen who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking and was recovered by CS Mackay-Bennett
- Mr. Karl Siegwart Andreas Olsen (d. 1912), aged 42, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Trondheim who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Master Arthur Carl Olsen, aged 9, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Trondheim who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 13
- Mr. Ole Martin Olsen (d. 1912), aged 27, Norwegian Third Class passenger from Sunnhordland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mark Olsen (b. 1962), New Zealand expressive portrait artist
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Olsen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Olsen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 July 2014 at 20:30.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is