100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Spanish Ojeda family come from? What is the Spanish Ojeda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ojeda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ojeda family history?The family name Ojeda is thought to have derived from a pre-existing place name, perhaps, for example from the village of Ojeda in the judicial district of Briviesca, in the province of Burgos.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ojeda, Ojedo, Ojedas and others.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ojeda research. Another 237 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1622, 1638, 1640, 1637, 1466, 1515 and 1508 are included under the topic Early Ojeda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 59 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ojeda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso De Ojeda, who was recorded in America in 1513
- Rodrigo de Ojeda, who came to New Spain in 1565
- Diego de Ojeda, who came with his wife Ana and their three children all settled in Cuba in 1592
Ojeda Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Francesca Ojeda, arrived in New Orleans in 1779
Ojeda Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jeronimo Ojeda, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1802
- Bernardino De Ojeda, who landed in San Juan Island in 1812
- Hernando De Ojeda, who arrived in America in 1816
- Alonso De Ojeda, who landed in New Spain in 1828
- Juan De Ojeda, who arrived in New Spain in 1834
- Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda (b. 1955), American rock guitarist
- Augie Ojeda (b. 1974), American baseball player
- Octavio "Augie" Ojeda (b. 1974), American Major League Baseball infielder
- Bob Ojeda (b. 1957), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Santos Ojeda (b. 1917), Cuban-American classical pianist
- Alonso de Ojeda (1465-1515), Spanish conquistador, who accompanied Columbus on his second voyage, and in 1508 he was made Governor of the territories of Northern South America
- Mario Ojeda Gómez (b. 1927), Mexican scholar and Professor Emeritus at El Colegio de México (1997)
- Luis Francisco Ojeda (b. 1941), Puerto Rican television reporter and host
- César Raúl Ojeda Zubieta (b. 1952), Mexican politician
- Juan Ojeda (b. 1982), Argentine footballer
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Ojeda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ojeda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 October 2013 at 11:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!