BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Ojeda family come from? What is the Spanish Ojeda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ojeda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ojeda family history?The family name Ojeda is thought to have derived from a pre-existing place name, perhaps, for example from the village of Ojeda in the judicial district of Briviesca, in the province of Burgos.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ojeda, Ojedo, Ojedas and others.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ojeda research. Another 237 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1622, 1638, 1640, 1637, 1466, 1515 and 1508 are included under the topic Early Ojeda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 59 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ojeda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso De Ojeda, who was recorded in America in 1513
- Rodrigo de Ojeda, who came to New Spain in 1565
- Diego de Ojeda, who came with his wife Ana and their three children all settled in Cuba in 1592
Ojeda Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Francesca Ojeda, arrived in New Orleans in 1779
Ojeda Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jeronimo Ojeda, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1802
- Bernardino De Ojeda, who landed in San Juan Island in 1812
- Hernando De Ojeda, who arrived in America in 1816
- Alonso De Ojeda, who landed in New Spain in 1828
- Juan De Ojeda, who arrived in New Spain in 1834
- Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda (b. 1955), American rock guitarist
- Augie Ojeda (b. 1974), American baseball player
- Octavio "Augie" Ojeda (b. 1974), American Major League Baseball infielder
- Bob Ojeda (b. 1957), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Santos Ojeda (b. 1917), Cuban-American classical pianist
- Alonso de Ojeda (1465-1515), Spanish conquistador, who accompanied Columbus on his second voyage, and in 1508 he was made Governor of the territories of Northern South America
- Mario Ojeda Gómez (b. 1927), Mexican scholar and Professor Emeritus at El Colegio de México (1997)
- Luis Francisco Ojeda (b. 1941), Puerto Rican television reporter and host
- César Raúl Ojeda Zubieta (b. 1952), Mexican politician
- Juan Ojeda (b. 1982), Argentine footballer
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
The Ojeda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ojeda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 December 2013 at 16:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is