100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Ocampo family come from? What is the Spanish Ocampo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ocampo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ocampo family history?Noble surnames, such as Ocampo, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Ocampo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Campos, Campo, de Campos, de Campo, del Campo, Camps, Campillo, del Campillo, Ocampo, de Ocampo, Campa and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ocampo research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1242 and 1784 are included under the topic Early Ocampo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 191 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ocampo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso de Ocampo sailed to America in 1527
- Esteban de Ocampo sailed to Peru in 1534
- Juan de Ocampo sailed to New Granada in 1555
Ocampo Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Juan De Ocampo, who landed in America in 1812
- Alonso De Ocampo, who arrived in America in 1827
- Esteban De Ocampo, who landed in Peru in 1834
- Francisco De Ocampo, who arrived in New Granada in 1855
- Benjamin Ocampo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1857
- Victoria Ocampo, Mexican writer
- Luis Daniel Cruz Ocampo, Chilean writer and jurist
- Ambeth R. Ocampo, multi-awarded Filipino historian, academic, journalist, and author
- Juan Antonio Ocampo (b. 1989), Mexican football player
- Ramón Darío Ocampo (b. 1986), Argentine football midfielder
- Melchor Ocampo (1814-1861), Mexican lawyer, scientist
- Silvina Ocampo (1903-1993), Argentine poet and short-fiction writer
- Victoria Ocampo (1890-1979), Argentine writer and intellectual
- Diether Pascual Ocampo (b. 1976), Filipino actor, singer and model
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
The Ocampo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ocampo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 May 2013 at 22:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!