BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Czech, German, Ukrainian
Where did the Ukrainian Novak family come from? What is the Ukrainian Novak family crest and coat of arms? When did the Novak family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Novak family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Novak Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jon Novak, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Kuzma Novak, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850-1865
- Johann Novak, age 24, who arrived on a ship in Baltimore in 1874
- Franz Novak, who was on a list of passengers, who arrived in New York in 1882
- Adolf Novak, who arrived in New York in 1886
Novak Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- John Novak, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1901
- Adam Novak, aged 0, who emigrated to the United States, in 1902
- Agnes Novak, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States from Kissaros, Hungary, in 1907
- Agnes Novak, aged 27, who landed in America from Bremen, Germany, in 1908
- Adam Novak, aged 25, who landed in America from Lofalu, Hungary, in 1908
- Marilyn Novak (b. 1933), original name of Kim Novak, the American actress best known for her performance in the 1958 film Vertigo
- Steve Novak (b. 1983), American professional basketball player
- Jane Novak (1896-1990), American silent film actress
- Eva Barbara Novak (1898-1988), American film actress
- Lawrence R. "Larry" Novak (b. 1933), American jazz pianist
- Michael D. Novak (1915-1978), American basketball player who played in the NBL, BAA, and NBA
- Tom Novak, former Nebraska College football player and hall of famer
- David Novak (b. 1941), scholar of Jewish philosophy, law (Halakha ) and ethics
- Éva Novák (1930-2005), former swimmer from Hungary
- Matěj Novák (b. 1989), Czech ice dancer
- The Family of Vaclav Sobotka and Ann Novak in America by Margie Sobotka.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
The Novak Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Novak Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 February 2014 at 05:07.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is