BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Murillo family come from? What is the Spanish Murillo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Murillo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Murillo family history?The surname Murillo comes from the Latin "murus," meaning wall, and as a surname, the name was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near such a fortification, or who was named after a place so-named.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Muro, Muriel, Murillo, Mur, Murat, Mura and others.
First found in Aragon, in the Jaca mountains of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Murillo research. Another 109 words(8 lines of text) covering the years 1617 and 1682 are included under the topic Early Murillo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Murillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Murillo Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Misl Murillo, aged 30, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1836
- Miguel Murillo, aged 29, landed in New Orleans, La in 1837
- Sebastian Murillo, aged 26, landed in Puerto Rico in 1879
- Juan Murillo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1879
- Jared Makaio Murillo (b. 1988), American professional dancer
- Bartolomé Esteban Murillo (1618-1682), Spanish painter
- Juan Bravo Murillo (1803-1873), Spanish politician, jurist and economist
- Marino Alberto Murillo (b. 1961), Cuban politician, economist and former military officer
- Pedro Domingo Murillo (1757-1810), patriot of Upper Peru who played a key role in Bolivia's independence
- Rosario Murillo (b. 1951), Nicaraguan poet and revolutionary
- Óscar Fabián Murillo (b. 1988), Colombian footballer
- Juan Engelberth Murillo (b. 1982), male professional road racing cyclist from Venezuela
- Miguel Murillo (b. 1988), Colombian footballer
- José Luis Valencia Murillo (b. 1982), Ecuadorian footballer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
The Murillo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Murillo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 May 2013 at 16:18.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is