An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Italian Murano family come from? What is the Italian Murano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Murano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Murano family history?The Murano surname is a patronymic or plural form of the personal name Morando.
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Murano include Morana, Morano, Morani, Morandi, Morando, Moranda, Morandini, Morandin and many more.
First found in Modena, a prosperous city at this early time. Records show that Bernardino Morano was a lawyer for the Commune of Modena in 1170.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Murano research. More information is included under the topic Early Murano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 237 words(17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Murano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Amongst the settlers in North America with this distinguished name Murano were Giovanni Morandi, age 22, who arrived in America on April 14, 1881 aboard the "Elysia"; Giacomo Morandi, age 21, who arrived in America on April 17, 1884 aboard the "Labrador".
The Murano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Murano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 October 2013 at 14:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.