BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Milburn family come from? What is the English Milburn family crest and coat of arms? When did the Milburn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Milburn family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Milburn, Milborne, Milbourn, Milbourne, Milburne, Melbourne and many more.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Milburn research. Another 241 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1536, 1633, 1660, 1660, 1622, 1668, 1649, 1720 and 1743 are included under the topic Early Milburn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 113 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Milburn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Milburn Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Francis Milburn, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Milburn Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Andrew, Christopher, and William Milburn settled in Carolina in 1774
- Elizabeth Milburn settled in Georgia in 1775
- Elizabeth Milburn, aged 20, arrived in Georgia in 1775
Milburn Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- John Milburn, who arrived in New York in 1819
- Amos Milburn (1927-1980), American rhythm and blues singer
- Brigadier-General Bryan Lee Milburn (1896-1991), American Commandant of the Anti-Aircraft Artillery School (1942-1944)
- Major-General Frank William Milburn (1892-1962), American Commanding General I Corps (1950-1951)
- Alan Milburn (b. 1958), British politician
- Sir John Davison Milburn (1851-1907), 1st Baronet Milburn
- Oliver Milburn (b. 1973), British television actor
- Very Rev. Robert Leslie Pollington Milburn (1907-2000), eminent Anglican clergyman
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Milburn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Milburn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 November 2013 at 12:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is