An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Italian Milanes family come from? What is the Italian Milanes family crest and coat of arms? When did the Milanes family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Milanes family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Milani, Milano, Milan, Milanesi, Milanese, Milanzoli and many more.
First found in Messina, formerly Promontorium or Pelorum, a city of Sicily and capital of the province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Milanes research. Another 229 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1455, 1646, 1621 and 1678 are included under the topic Early Milanes History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 33 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Milanes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alonso Molano, who arrived in Venezuela sometime between 1553 and 1554; Gonzalo Milano, who arrived in Venezuela in 1579; Antonia Alleman Milan, who settled in New Orleans in 1778.
The Milanes Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Milanes Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 March 2013 at 08:49.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.