BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Mejia family come from? What is the Spanish Mejia family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mejia family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mejia family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mejia, Mejias, Megia, Megias, Mashia, Mashiach and others.
First found in Galicia, in northwestern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mejia research. Another 368 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1529 and 1624 are included under the topic Early Mejia History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mejia Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Aria Mejia, who came to America in 1509
- Francisco Mejia, who was in America in 1511
- Alonso Mejia, who arrived in Cuba in 1534
- Diego Mejia, who arrived in Florida in 1563
- Garcia Mejia, who, along with his wife Maria and their children Pedro, Juan, Rodrigo, Maria, and Mayor, were recorded in New Granada in 1569
Mejia Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Arias Mejia, who landed in America in 1809
- Francisco Mejia, who arrived in America in 1811
- Costanza Mejia, who landed in America in 1813
- Catalina Mejia, who arrived in America in 1815
- Gonzalo Mejia, who landed in America in 1828
- Carlos Mario Londoño Mejía (b. 1920), lawyer and politician
- Miguel Aceves Mejia, popular recording artist
- Ezequiel Ramos Mejía, Argentine politician
- Alfredo Mejía, Honduran footballer
- Álvaro Mejía (b. 1940), Colombian long distance runner who competed at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics
- Carlos Will Mejía (b. 1983), Honduran football midfielder
- Jenrry Manuel Mejía (b. 1989), Dominican Republic-born, Major League Baseball pitcher for the New York Mets
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Mejia Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mejia Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 June 2014 at 03:27.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is