100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Medrano family come from? What is the Spanish Medrano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Medrano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Medrano family history?The surname Medrano comes from the Basque word "edi" meaning fern and the suffix "ano" which implies abundance.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Medrano, Medrana and others.
First found in Navarre.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Medrano research. Another 205 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1773 and 1780 are included under the topic Early Medrano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Medrano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Galaz de Medrano, who settled in Peru in 1534
- Hernando de Medrano, who landed in the Dominican Republic in 1534
- Luis de Medrano immigrated to Guatemala in 1538
- Sebastian de Medrano, who settled in Florida in 1538 Diego Medrano, who sailed to the Spanish Main in 1539
- Francisco Medrano, who arrived in the Dominican Republic in 1568
Medrano Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Galaz De Medrano, who landed in Peru in 1834
- Hernando De Medrano, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1834
- Jas Medrano, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Jose Medrano, who arrived in Texas in 1835
- Jose Medrano, who migrated to Texas in 1835
- Frank Medrano, movie actor
- Francisco Medrano, 16th–17th century Spanish poet
- Francisco Medrano, Spanish lyric poet from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries
- Francisco Medrano (b. 1983), Salvadoran football player
- Íngrid Xiomara Medrano (b. 1979), female freestyle wrestler from El Salvador
- Pedro Medrano (1769-1840), Uruguayan-born Argentine statesman and lawyer
- Rosa Esther Medrano (b. 1985), volleyball and beach volleyball player from the Dominican Republic
- Héctor Medrano (b. 1967), Mexican football manager and former player
- Giovanni Antonio Medrano (b. 1703), Italian architect
- Orlando Montenegro Medrano (d. 1988), acting President of Nicaragua in 1966
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
The Medrano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Medrano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2013 at 11:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!