BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Mayeux family come from? What is the French Mayeux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mayeux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mayeux family history?The prestigious surname Mayeux comes from the region of Provence, in France. The surname Mayeux is of local origin, and is therefore a type of hereditary surname. Local surnames are derived either from an already existing place-name or from a local feature of the geography.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Major, Majour, Majou, Majoux, Mayor, Mayou, Mayoux, Mayoud, Mayaud, Mayoult, Mayot, Mayet, Mayer, Mayeu, Majoral, Majorel and many more.
First found in Provence, where the family was established in early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mayeux research. Another 166 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1662, 1696, and 1815 are included under the topic Early Mayeux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mayeux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mayeux Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Maxime Mayeux, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Mayeux Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Albertine Mayeux, aged 50, who emigrated to the United States from Lens, France, in 1913
- Francois Mayeux, aged 23, who landed in America from Lens, France, in 1913
- Joseph Mayeux, aged 19, who emigrated to America from Lens, France, in 1913
- Marie Mayeux, aged 18, who landed in America from Lens, France, in 1913
- Volders Mayeux, aged 35, who landed in America from Stropy, Belgium, in 1922
- Rosalee Mayeux, American actress, known for her roles in The Lawnmower Man (1992), My Family (1995) and Blast from the Past (1999)
- Lauren Mayeux, American actress, known for her work in Barney & Friends (1992), Barney: I Love My Friends (2012) and Barney: Jungle Friends (2009)
- Molly M. Mayeux (b. 1965), American producer, known for her work in Dumb & Dumber (1994), Batman Forever (1995) and Kingpin (1996)
- Richard Mayeux, American Gertrude H. Sergievsky Professor of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Epidemiology at Columbia University
- Sara Mayeux, American Berger-Howe Legal History Fellow at Harvard Law School
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Mayeux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mayeux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 June 2014 at 15:07.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is