BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Marston family come from? What is the English Marston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Marston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Marston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marston, Marsden, Marson and others.
First found in Leicestershire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marston research. Another 141 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1576 and 1634 are included under the topic Early Marston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 31 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Marston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Marston Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- John and William Marston settled in Salem in 1630
- John Marston, who landed in Salem, Massachusetts in 1637
- William Marston, who arrived in Salem, Massachusetts in 1637
- Sil Marston, who arrived in Virginia in 1651
- Robert Marston, who landed in Maryland in 1665
Marston Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Eleanore Marston, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- Edward Marston, who landed in America in 1715
Marston Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- C Marston, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Robert Quarles Marston (1923-1999), American Rhodes Scholar, physician, research scientist, governmental appointee and university administrator
- David Weese "Dave" Marston Sr. (b. 1942), American lawyer and author
- Brigadier-General Morrill Watson Marston (1896-1978), American Assistant Chief of Staff Central Pacific Area (1941)
- William Moulton Marston (1893-1947), also known by the pen name Charles Moulton, was an American psychologist, inventor and comic book writer who created the character Wonder Woman, inducted into the Comic Book Hall of Fame in 2006
- Colin Marston (b. 1982), American musician and record producer
- John Westland Marston (1819-1890), English dramatic poet
- Philip Bourke Marston (1850-1887), English poet
- James Edward "Joe" Marston MBE (b. 1926), Australian former association football player
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
The Marston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Marston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 June 2014 at 08:48.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is