100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Spanish Marrero family come from? What is the Spanish Marrero family crest and coat of arms? When did the Marrero family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Marrero family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marrero, Marreros and others.
First found in Castile.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marrero research. Another 81 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1712 and 1733 are included under the topic Early Marrero History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 45 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Marrero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Marrero Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Bartolome Marrero, who emigrated from the Canary Islands to New Orleans with his wife and three daughters in 1778
- Julien Marrero and his family, who did the same in 1779
- Julien Marrero and his family, went to New Orleans in 1779
Marrero Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Catalina Marrero, who immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1827
- Catalina Marrero, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1827
- Jose Marrero, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Tomas Marrero Santos and Joses Marrero, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Bonifacio Marrero Garcia, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1872
- Eli Marrero, American professional baseball player with the St. Louis Cardinals
- Christopher Marrero (b. 1988), American Major League Baseball first baseman for the Washington Nationals
- Lawrence Marrero (1900-1959), American jazz banjoist from New Orleans, Louisiana
- Oreste Vilato Marrero Vázquez (b. 1969), American retired Major Legaue Baseball first baseman
- David Marrero Santana (b. 1980), Spanish professional tennis player, ranked World No. 20 in July 2012
- Marta Marrero Marrero (b. 1983), former professional Spanish tennis player
- Juan Manuel Marrero Monzón (b. 1982), Spanish footballer
- Giancarlo Gregorio Maldonado Marrero (b. 1982), Venezuelan footballer
- Conrado Eugenio Marrero Ramos (b. 1911), former Cuban Major League Baseball pitcher from 1950 to 1954
- Elieser Marrero (b. 1973), Cuban retired Major League Baseball player
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Marrero Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Marrero Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 March 2013 at 11:47.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!