100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Maldonado family come from? What is the Spanish Maldonado family crest and coat of arms? When did the Maldonado family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Maldonado family history?The Maldonado surname is derived from the Spanish "mal donado," meaning 'ill-favored," and was no doubt originally a nickname that was adopted as a surname. Nicknames often reflected the physical characteristics or attributes of the first person that used the name.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Maldonado, de Maldonado, Maledonado, de Maledonado, Maldolado and many more.
First found in Castile, prominent among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maldonado research. Another 379 words(27 lines of text) covering the years 1158 and 1214 are included under the topic Early Maldonado History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Maldonado Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Maldonado Dorado del Hierro, who journeyed to America in 1523
- Andrés Maldonado, who sailed to America in 1528
- Gonzalo Maldonado sailed to Peru in 1534
- Pedro Maldonado sailed to Peru in 1534
- Alonso Maldonado sailed to Cartagena in 1535
Maldonado Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Maldonado, who landed in America in 1811
- Andres Maldonado, who arrived in America in 1828
- Blas Maldonado, who landed in America in 1828
- Diego Maldonado, who arrived in America in 1828
- Gutierre Maldonado, who landed in America in 1828
- Abel Maldonado (b. 1967), American politician, the 48th Lieutenant Governor of California
- Francisco José 'Tati' Maldonado Collante (b. 1981), Spanish footballer
- Adál Maldonado, photographer whose works may be found in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Bibliothèque Nationale of Paris
- Alfonso Javier Maldonado, educator and accountant
- Che Maldonado, broadcasting and advertising executive
- Daniel C Maldonado, company executive
- Horacio Maldonado, Uruguayan poet, novelist and professor
- Antonio José Pantoja Maldonado (b. 1890), Colombian lawyer
- Claudio Andrés del Tránsito Maldonado Rivera (b. 1980), Chilean football player
- Pastor Rafael Maldonado Motta (b. 1985), Venezuelan Formula One driver
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
The Maldonado Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Maldonado Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 December 2013 at 12:40.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!